Funny how growing up I thought only pregnant women eat avocado….My neighbor was pregnant a lot and forever eating this fruit. She would lay ice cubes on her tummy, halve an avocado, sprinkle salt on it and spoon it into her mouth lazily….naaa, not-pregnant people could not have time for this, I thought.
Fast forward to recent times, I realized it was a normal fruit eaten by all. Modupe and Sandra (friends) kept insisting I try it as part of our weightloss strategies. Did some research and discovered its health benefits; lowers blood cholesterol, helps manage weight, very rich in vitamins….So yes I tried it and it was Love at First Taste….
Gidz sent me his Guacamole food loving moment the other day and I got inspired. This Mexican meal is very easy to make and you can infuse whatever flavors you like….
Basically it is mashed avocado, lemon juice (to avoid browning) and salt with optional ingredients like tomatoes, onions, black pepper…. There are so many ways to eat this baby, you would be surprised:
- Go all Mexican with Tacos: could serve as a dressing or meat replacement
- Burger layer: the juiciness of guacamole in your burger would make you forget the usual dressings
- With Nachos/Chips/french fries
- As a salad infused with fruits such as: peach, plum, watermelon, mangoes
- Pizza topping
- Deviled eggs filling
- Dipping sauce for vegetables, seafood and meat
- Hot-dog topping
- Sandwich spread (replaces mayo….perfect on toast)
- Salad dressing
I tried a few for you to see…
Guacamole watermelon salad
Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section. Don’t forget to like this post & follow the blog. Also, share your food loving moments with us on instagram; @thefoodlover1.blog