Whoever came up with “Merry Christmas” and “Happy New Year” should do me a favor and add some sort of sarcastic greeting for January Blues….Happy January Blues, Cheers to January Blues! Some of us need such greetings with the way our bank accounts and stomachs look from the festive period.
If your finances and eating habits are back to being good, I definitely need to be like you when I grow up! While the solution to my first problem seems to be taking it’s majestic time, the other is already in the works and I thought I’d share this healthy breakfast recipe incase some of you are going through the same struggle….
- Red, yellow and green bell peppers
- Seasoned chicken breasts chopped into tiny bits
- Salt & black pepper
- Fresh red pepper & carrot flakes
- Spring onions for garnish
- Sauce of coconut oil mixed with salt & black pepper for basting
- Preheat oven.
- Slice bell peppers in the middle to form shape of boats, take out membrances, wash and place on baking sheet.
- For chicken boats: fill each pepper with chicken chops then season with fresh red pepper and carrot flakes. Bake for about 30mins, basting with oil sauce inbetween to keep meat moist.
- For egg boats: season with salt & black pepper and bake until eggs are cooked (About 25mins).
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
For those who aren’t struggling with weight loss, there are so many options for filling these boats; minced meat, cheese, rice….anything you love basically. *wink*
Please do not forget to like this post and follow the blog for more recipes. Thank you!