I had to satisfy my cravings for wings yesterday so off I went to Bbq & Cravings after work. I had earlier planned to visit just to say a big thankyou to them for bringing burrito bowls so close to me (See post: Tex-Mex comes to me) and this felt like the right opportunity.
Luckily, Olumide (owner) was in, we said our hellos, sat down and I said my thankyou….he was happy to know their new meal was making customers like me happy. We talked for a bit but I am just going to give the gist in highlights….
- He is very passionate about food….serious food lover!
- I asked if we would be having new cravings added to the menu from time to time and he said Yes! Yaaay to that! Really can’t wait for what’s next…
- NO, he did not go to some fancy school to learn how to make barbecues, he read books, watched videos, experimented and developed his own recipes.
- Fela’s song ‘zombie’ started playing at some point and because I am too sure I bob my head to some Fela jams everytime I am here, I asked if he was a fan…..Yes, he is a big Fela fan, he even used to make t-shirts a few years back and a lot of were Fela inspired.
- Favorite meal? He craves different things at different times….apparently he had gone to eat party style jollof rice somewhere in Lekki phase 1 just before I came because he felt like it but Yes he likes: afang soup with periwinkles , soft plantain, garri & groundnut…..
We also talked about the GTBank Food & Drinks Fair, the blog (I got tips *big smile*), Bbq & cravings discounted breakfast platters on saturday and then it was time to go home….
Funny part….I totally forgot about my wings. I sat in the car wanting to have atleast 2 wings before moving and there was nothing….had to go back for these goodies….