It was a Sunday morning, I was going to make whisky sauce using normal unsalted butter with shrimps but then I looked in the refrigerator and there was no butter. Stores around me would be closed till about Noon. Already had my mind set on spiked saucy shrimps, no way I was going back. Then, my eyes came across a jar of peanut butter……arghhh! In my head, my guinea pigs (Dilly and Jamiliah) would be forced to eat this meal but surprisingly we loved the result so much, my dining table won’t be complete without it this Christmas.
Yied: Serves 4. Ready in: 15mins.
- 1 cup Shrimps, cleaned and deveined
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 tablespoons whisky
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a saucepan, add the oil and onion, stir for about 1min.
- Add the shrimp, salt, black pepper and lemon juice and stir till shrimps are slightly cooked.
- Add the brandy, cook on high heat till shrimps are totally cooked and sauce has reduced by half.
- Lower the flame, stir in peanut butter and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve cocktail style or as desired.
Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section. Don’t forget to like this post & follow the blog. Also, share your food loving moments with us on instagram; @thefoodlover_blog.