For those of you blessed with the virtue of self control, this healthy style recipe is for you. Under 30mins and every bite still tastes like christmas!
- Shawarma bread
- Boneless skinned chicken chunks
- Apple sauce
- Seedless grapes
- Lettuce leaves
- Chilli peppers
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop up chicken chunks into smaller pieces
- Cook the chicken in apple sauce with salt, chopped chilli and black pepper
- Split shawarma bread into two and place one to slightly cover the other
- Place chicken mixture on bread and top with lettuce leaves, tomato slices, diced cucumber and grapes
- Wrap up bread and grill in frying/grill pan for about 2mins on each side
- Slice in half, serve and enjoy….
By using Apple sauce, we have skipped using fat from oil, butter or mayonnaise. Other healthy swaps to consider are:
- Mashed bananas for butter, sugar and fat
- Mashed avocado for butter Click for other avocado recipes
Biting into the Grapes make the meal sweet and juicy enough for you forget about high-calorie food.
Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section. Don’t forget to like this post & follow the blog. Also, share your food loving moments with us on instagram; @thefoodlover1.blog