Ripe plantains fried once (Nigerian delicacy: Dodo) are amazing then I recently discovered that frying them twice makes them double amazing!
The internet has been buzzing about Latin American delicacy: twice fried unripe plantains but as a dodo lover, I had to try it with ripe plantains. It is super easy to make and adds some crunch to the regular dodo, imagine a juicier form of plantain chips. I can’t wait to remake this Gizdodo with them.
Yummy with eggs….yummier with jollof rice….yummiest on it’s own as a snack…..
Yield: Serves 2
- 2 Ripe Plantains
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Saucer or small round plate
- Frying pan
- Peel the plantain and cut it into thick chunks (About 1 inch thick)
- Pre-heat oil in frying pan
- Place the plantains in the oil and fry on both sides (About 3mins on each side)
- Flatten fried plantains by placing a saucer over each one and pressing down
- Return flattened plantains to hot oil and fry (About 1min on each side)
- Salt to taste and serve
Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section. Don’t forget to like this post & follow the blog. Also, share your food loving moments with us on instagram; @thefoodlover1.blog