Mr Pancake has been wonderful, I have been on his case since I was about 8 years old.
Mrs Cinnamon Roll looks so complex, I haven’t ever made her. But we bond in my mouth and she is ever so sweet.
Which is why I have decided to marry them together today….
Okay back to reality, basically I need to step up my pancake game, been on the Japanese ones See recipe here, Now it’s time to move on to this beautiful indulgence!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon powder
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE (If desired)
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 5 Tablespoons powdered sugar
Step 1: Prepare Cinnamon Filling
- Mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl
- Pour mix into piping bag (ziplock will do)
- Set aside till firm (about 30mins)
Step 2: Prepare Cream Cheese glaze
- Melt butter and cream cheese in a bowl using a microwave or water bath
- Whisk until smooth
- Whisk in powdered sugar, little at a time
- Set aside
Step 3: Prepare Pancake batter
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- Stir in mixture of milk, oil and eggs
Step 4: Cook pancake (cinnamon filling will be piped onto pancake inbetween)
- If you are using a ziplock, squeeze cinammon filling to one edge of the bottom then make a small hole at the end using a scissors
- If you are using a piping bag, you know what to do….
- Heat greased frying pan over medium-low heat
- Scoop 1/2 cup pancake batter onto frying pan
- Squeeze cinnamon filling onto the top of the pancake in spiral form
- Flip over when bubbles appear on the surface
- Cook until golden brown
- Repeat process with remaining batter
- Serve with cream cheese glaze
Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section. Don’t forget to like this post & follow the blog. Also, share your food loving moments with us on instagram; @thefoodlover.ng