I was going through my bucket list the other day and as usual, I stopped to indulge in one….Thrill walk through Birg Alps, Switzerland! This daydream involved my leaving the Alps and stopping at some fancy restaurant to try out a proper Swiss Fondue *covers face* But Naira won’t let that happen anytime soon so fast forward to reality, I would have to make do with homemade fondue while I imagine my heart pounding from the thrill walk. On my way back from work the next day, I stopped at the supermarket and allowed it’s aisles help me decide on dippings, we came up with….
Then the Fondue; I went with a really simple recipe, you should do this in less than 15minutes….
- Cocoa powder
- Evaporated milk
- Chocolate bar
- Combine cocoa powder and sugar in saucepan
- Stir in milk till paste is formed
- Place saucepan over low heat and stir till sauce simmers
- Turn off heat and melt in chocolate bar into sauce
- Leave to thicken as desired
For the Dessert kabob….
- Grease skewer with little butter
- Skewer dippings (pancakes, marshmallows and grapes
- Serve with fondue
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on kabobs if desired
Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section. Don’t forget to like this post & follow the blog. Also, share your food loving moments with us on instagram; @thefoodlover.ng