You know what I realized the other day? We do not have a lot of options when it comes to ofada rice! It is forever boiled plain and served with the Great ofada sauce. Not that we are complaining but….
Ooo for those you don’t know, ofada rice is a special kind of African rice grown in Nigeria, it is unpolished and has it’s own unique delicious taste. It is also said to be healthier than polished rice as it contains more vitamins and minerals.
…..but yes, when will ofada rice shine on it’s own? Of course I had to do something about this….quick run to the food store near me and all I had to do was look around, inspiration hit me from every corner. The result blew my taste buds away!
Prep time: 15mins. Cook time: 35mins. Total time: 50mins.
• 1 pack of ofada rice
• Small chunks of boneless goat meat
• Small chunks of boneless chicken
• 1 Dried fish
• 2 medium sized bell peppers
• 2 carrots
• 1 small sized onion
• Salt to taste
• Black pepper to taste
• 2 knorr cubes
• 1 teaspoon garlic & ginger paste
• 2 tablespoons crayfish
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• Clean your dried fish (make sure to take out all the bones).
• Grease large frying pan with vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
• Add chopped onions and cook till translucent.
• Add chicken chunks, washed dried fish with garlic & ginger paste and stir fry till chicken is cooked through.
• Stir in ofada rice, knorr cubes, salt and black pepper, thoroughly mix while frying for about 10mins.
Do not forget to like this post and share with a fellow foodlover!